UNIVERSITY OF SPLIT
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
TO THE INTEGRATED UNDERGRADUATE AND GRADUATE PROGRAM: MEDICAL STUDIES IN ENGLISH
I. Application conditions:
Persons with following levels of prior education may apply:
1) Completed university education (or its final year) and the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT);
2) Completed university education (or its final year; natural sciences college or university program with biology, chemistry or physics as the major subject);
3) Completed secondary education (or its final year, in the total duration of 12 years) and the SAT Reasoning Test or American College Testing;
4) Completed secondary education (in the total duration of 12 years) with the state graduation result based on which candidates are ranked in the home country;
5) Completed secondary education (or its final year) with none of the additional requirements listed 1-4.
The above conditions represent the priority criteria which will be used for selection of candidates.
II. Required application components:
- A completed application form (available at the USSM administration office or on the following link:
- Certificate of nationality (for Croatian nationals) or a passport photocopy (for foreign nationals);
- Birth certificate;
- Two photographs (instructions available at: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/photos.html
- Originals or certified copies of degree certificates and their official translation to Croatian language (it can be obtained later in the process)
- Applicants who have completed their prior education abroad are required to submit the decision on recognition of foreign qualification before admission (more information on:
- Proof of knowledge of English language (one of the following: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)), unless prior education was in English language;
- CV and a written statement of reasons for applying to the Medicine in English language program in Split;
- Declaration of medical and psychophysical fitness to study medicine (part of the application form);
- Declaration or proof of financial capacity (of the applicant, parents or institution) to finance the study;
- Proof of payment (in the amount of 50 EUR) paid to the University of Split School of Medicine, bank: Splitska banka d.d. Societe Generale Group, IBAN: HR8523300031100071293, reference no. 02 400; SWIFT: SOGEHR22;
- Additional documentation verifying passed tests prior to enrollment:
- For candidates under 1) the result of the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) exams;
- For candidates under 2) certificate of passed exams (grade transcript) and proof of grade point average;
- For candidates under 3) SAT Reasoning Test score or American College Testing score;
- For candidates under 4) state graduation result based on which they are ranked in the home country.
III. Number of available places:
60 (if the number of applicants exceeds 60 USSM reserves the right to organize entrance exam) which are divided into two following categories:
- Category 1: 30 students attend all 6 years of the Program at USSM and its collaborative teaching organizations in Republic of Croatia.
- Category 2: 30 students attend first 3 years of the Program at USSM and its collaborative teaching organizations in Republic of Croatia. Courses of the 4th, 5th and 6th year of the Program will be organized and attended at USSM collaborative teaching organization in Federal Republic of Germany: REGIOMED KLINIKEN in accordance to their ability. Initial selection of these candidates is performed by REGIOMED KLINIKEN. REGIOMED KLINIKEN will sign additional contract with selected candidates determining their mutual relationships.
IV. Annual tuition fee:
68.400,00 HRK (~ 9000 EUR)
Length of program: 6 years. Tuition must be paid within one week from the date of receiving formal letter of acceptance in electronic format. By completion of the payment, candidate is considered to be officially enrolled into the Program. All tuition fees are non-refundable.
V. Deadline for application submission:
July 3rd 2017
Only applications that are received by 3:30 p.m. on July 3rd 2017 by USSM central office will be considered as valid for evaluation. All applications must be submitted by regular mail or in person. Due to initial selection, REGIOMED KLINIKEN may set earlier deadline for receiving applications.
Please send the documents to USSM at the following address:
University of Split School of Medicine,
Application for the study program Medical Studies in English
Šoltanska 2, 21000 Split
Please send the documents to REGIOMED KLINIKEN at the following e-mail:
For the attention of Angela Eichhorn-Mödel
For more information:
Natalia Cotić or Tina Rogošić
Phone: +385 (0)21 557 924 Phone: +385 (0)21 557 824
Fax: +385 (0)21 557 895
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Public Call - PDF file in English
Public Call - PDF file in Croatian
Aplication form (.pdf)