Duration of the study programme: 1 week/5 days (FTE)
The minimum number of ECTS required for completion of study: 2.0
- Introduction to circadian rhythm
- Circadian rhythm and sleep
- Neuroendocrinology of circadian rhythm sleep disorders
- Circadian rhythm sleep disorders
- Circadian rhythm sleep disorders: treatment
The objective of the course is to teach a student about basics of chronobiology and
circadian rhythms in humans and animals, as well as to give an overwiev of
neuroscience and sleep medicine history and development, with an emphasis on the
most important discoveries.
- Describe, identify and explain neurophysiology and chronobiology of sleep and
- Specify and describe the changes that occur in different systems (cardiovascular,
respiratory, gastrointestinal and endocrine system) during sleep and wakefulness.
- Analyze and incorporate control mechanisms responsible for the regulation of sleep
- Describe and compare circadian rhythms of humans and animals.
- Critically judge educational materials, participate in argumentative discussion and
Projekt je sufinancirala Europska unija iz Europskog socijalnog fonda.
Sadržaj publikacije isključiva je odgovornost Sveučilišta u Splitu, Medicinskog fakulteta